An Interview With AI

 Hi everyone! 😇 Our topic is AI Tools in Language Learning and Teaching.

We were given an interview assignment to learn how we can improve language learning using AI in our last course. We were supposed to use Magic School's Character Chatbot and Writing Feedback Tool to make an interview with a historical figure, author, or story character, then write a report, receive feedback, and revise the report.

Firstly, I accessed the Magic School's Character Chatbot that is for students. I chose my grade, and my character for chatting. Then, I determined a topic and ten questions to ask. After getting answers from that AI character, I wrote a report about the interview and each question I asked. After that, I received feedback from AI and revised my report according to its suggestions. I included both the first draft of the report and the revised version. Also, I gave information about the changes I made in my report. 

AI helped me so much in learning about the character I chose. It's really cool and beneficial how I can chat with an important character as the way I like. It provided very long answers but since they were useful, it was okay. The process was long and detailed but it was fun talking with a character.

I would definitely use it in my course. Students will like it as it's an entertaining activity and they can talk to the person they want. With this usage, their view to learn a language may be more positive I think. Their knowledge of content and grammar may improve too since it provides good practices. I would use many AI tools in addition to this one like Grammarly, ChatGPT, etc. 

In my opinion, using AI in language learning has more benefits than drawbacks. It provides language practice, an entertaining and motivating activity, and saves time as you don't need to search for information. However, if it's used excessively, may cause students to constantly access ready-made information and thus they may think that the course doesn't require studying. They may be lazy. 

So, using AI in this way is very significant. It's important for teachers to make students integrated with language and technology. With AI, teachers can catch students' attention, especially the attention of teenagers since they're usually curious about technology and tend to use it. Students can learn more enthusiastically and  practice more individually.


Here is the link below for my interview with AI. ⬇  Just click on it. 

An Interview With Sherlock Holmes (Transcript)


Here is the link below for my report about the interview (The first draft and revised version) 

The Report (With both 1st draft and revised version)




Comments

Popular Posts